to create a MS PowerPoint Presentation
Tom Love * School of Education * Malone College
1. Double Click PowerPoint Shortcut Icon on desktop.
2. Check Blank Presentation & Click OK
3. At New Slide Window, Double Click Blank Template
4. At Default (Normal) View, Click Outline View Button
(Second tiny button bottom left corner!) (Horizontal Line )
5. At Outline View, Press Enter to create ( 9 ) blank slides
6. Use Mouse to position cursor at first slide
7. Enter: Learning Styles by Howard Gardner
8. Enter: One word Headings for each Learning Style
9. Enter: The End Last Slide
Linguistic intelligence ("language smart"):
Logical-mathematical intelligence ("reasoning smart")
Spatial intelligence ("picture smart")
Bodily-Kinesthetic intelligence ("body smart")
Musical intelligence ("music smart")
Interpersonal intelligence ("people smart")
Intrapersonal intelligence ("self smart")
Naturalist intelligence ("nature smart")
10. Use Mouse to position cursor at right of first Heading
11. Press Enter then Press Tab ( Sub-Topic or Bullet )
12. Enter a sub-topic or Bullet for First Heading (Refer to HO)
13. Press Enter for next sub-topic or Bullet
14. Enter another appropriate sub-topic or Bullet
15. Use Mouse to position cursor at right of second Heading
16. Press Enter for next sub-topic or Bullet
17. Press Enter for next sub-topic or Bullet
18. Continue this sub-topic or Bullet entering for all Headings
19. After All sub-topics or Bullets are entered Check Spelling
20. Now to leave Outline View and go to Sorter View
(Fourth tiny button in bottom left corner) ( 4 small squares )
21. At Sorter View, all slides become thumbnail sketches
22. Use mouse & select First Thumbnail (Dark Borders)
Now do a Control A to select all slides
23. Above first slide, click drop down arrow No Transition
24. Scroll to bottom and select Random Transition
RT provides random visual between slides
25. Use mouse & select Second Thumbnail (Dark Borders)
Do a Control A to select all slides ( Maybe OK!)
25. Above second slide, click drop down arrow for No Effect
26. Scroll to bottom and select Random Effect
RE provides random visual between Bullets
27. Use mouse & click Format at top of screen
and click Apply Design Template
28. Carefully Single Click a few of Designs
and select (1) by clicking Apply
29. The selected Design Template
should be the background for ALL Slides
30. Now to leave Sorter View and go to Slide View
(Third tiny Button in bottom left corner) (One small square)
31. Using Up & Down Page buttons to Practice moving Up & Down.
32. Use Up & Down Page buttons to position the First Slide in View.
33. Click anywhere on Learning Styles by Howard Gardner
34. A Text Box should appear with White Handle Bars ( small squares )
To move Box: Click & Drag on GRAY border of Box
To re-size Box use any White Handle Bars. (Corners Best!)
35. Click in front of by and hit Enter Click behind by and hit Enter.
36. Learning Styles & by & Howard Gardner are on a separate lines.
37. Resize Text Box using White Handle Bars & Drag it to center.
38. Use Up and Down buttons on keyboard to go to the last slide.
39. Resize and Relocate the Text Box containing The End.
40. Now to use Slide View to enter Graphics and/or Clip Art.
41. Use Up and Down buttons and position Slide Two in view.
42. Click on Insert at top then select Picture then click Clip Art.
43. At Clip Art window appears, Click on Academics, then
Click on Blue A to the right,
now click on first item appearing in menu that appears.
44. Close Clip Art Window by click X in top right corner.
45. Using existing and visible Handle Bars (small white squares)
Resize Clip Art smaller then Click & Drag to bottom right.
46. Use Up and Down buttons on the keyboard to go to Second Slide
47. Repeat the procedure to Insert clip art into the Second Slide.
48. Continue inserting Clip Art on all of slides except the First and Last.
49. Use the Up and Down buttons on the keyboard to review all insertions.
50. Now to leave Slide View and go to Sorter View
51. At Sorter View, click or select the First Slide
52. Click on File at top of the screen then select Save As…
53. Change location of Storage Folder to be your H drive using Drop Down Arrow.
54. Change file name to be maybe like PP## ## means your initials.
55. Click Save button and all should be Ok…
56. To view PP… Click Fifth and last button at bottom left.
57. First Slide should appear… Use Up & Down buttons to move Slides.
58. It is important to use Up and Down buttons instead of Mouse
since Mouse will not allow a backward movement…
59. At the end of PowerPoint Presentation,
Press the ESC button to return to Sorter View…
60. I hope all went well and you are off to creating super PPs
and especailly teaching PPS with this quick and easy method…