OVERVIEW OF FEATURES FOR CASIO QV100 - QV300 DIGITAL CAMERA
Turn Digital Camera (DC) upside down on a table and put in (4) AA batteries.
Be very careful with battery door. It is very fragile. It is easily breaks.
1. Hold Digital Camera (DC) with both hands, looking at the square LCD display screen.
2. The round glass opening on the other side ( which is the front ) is the LENS.
3. The ON & OFF switch is located on the top of the digital camera.
Use right thumb and pull the switch to the right. Do it now!!!
4. The RECORD & PLAY button is located to the right of the LCD display
Use right thumb to put the RECORD/PLAY button in the RECORD position.
Move the DC around and notice the view in the LCD display.
5. Point Digital Camera (DC) at something which would make a good picture
then use your right index finger and press the big button on the top.
By the way, big button on the top is the SHUTTER (SHUT) button.
6. Go ahead and take a few more pictures, point and press the SHUTTER button.
Pictures will be stored in the DC and will be available for viewing.
7. After a few pictures, put the RECORD/PLAY button in PLAY
and use the POSITIVE (+) and NEGATIVE (-) button on top to view the pictures.
8. The MACRO and NORMAL buttons are the side of the DC
MACRO for close up pictures NORMAL for all other pictures
9. The INSIDE & OUTSIDE buttons are also located on the side of the DC.
OPEN circle for INSIDE shots CLOSED circle for OUTSIDE shots
10. The DELETE button allows you to erase ALL or ONE shot at at time.
With the DC in PLAY mode, press the DELETE button and follow directions.
11. MODE button allows up to 192 pics in Normal (320x240) or Fine (640x480).
12. DISPLAY button allows a number or mode to appear or disappear on screen.
13. EFFECT button allows zoom in/out also thumbnail sketches of existing picture.
14. PROTECT button allows the locking a picture so as not to be erased.
To unprotect a picture which has been protected, view it then click PROTECT.
AN OVERVIEW OF THE TRANSFER PROCEDURE FOR THE
CASIO QV100 - QV300 DIGITAL CAMERA to a IBM compatible PC.
Make sure PC & DC are OFF then connect cable to PC and DC
After connecting cables then turn ON PC and DC.
1. If you have not created shortcut for the QV-Link software on Desktop
then click START then PROGRAMS then QV-LINK then QV-LINK 2.0.
If you have created a shortcut then double click Short Cut.
2. When the QV-Link program appears click the logo or wait (it will go away).
Good idea QV-Link window full screen. Click small square at top right.
Click on File then Preferences... then set COM Speed 57600.
Click the TEST button to make sure the connections are OK…
3. At the top of the window of QV-Link click FILE then click NEW ALBUM
to create a folder to store pictures in an organized & recoverable manner.
4. A dialog window will appear, type a NAME (DC##) for the folder then click OK
A blank window appears which represent the folder. Click X on window and close it.
5. After closing the album/folder window the gray screen reappears
but the newly created album/folder is stored for later use.
6. At the top of the window of QV-Link click on CAMERA
then click on GET CAMERA ALBUM. (Be careful it is the second option.)
7. Be patient thumbnail (small) images will appear of all the pictures
on the gray screen of QV-Link 2.0. It will take a short time.
If a dialog box appears with no response from camera
then turn all off recheck connections and/or batteries.
8. Now use the mouse to select (click) on one or more than on picture
hold the shift key down while selecting more than one picture
Normally click EDIT and SELECT ALL to select all of the pictures.
9. Now that one or more than one or all pictures have been selected
then click FILE then EXPORT to transfer pictures from DC to PC.
@@@10. A dialog window will appear to allow you to open the folder created in step #3
and most critical allows you to choose the image format.
@@@11. Double click on the storage folder to open it then click on Image Format
the most common format is JPEG which is used for WWW & Power Point.
12. Click OK button and pictures will be downloaded to the PC in storage folder.
Click the X button and close QV-Link then locate pictures and YAHOO!!!
A few pictures (6 to 8 ) batteries OK but use AC Adapter for more...