Directions to Create a Non-Linear PowerPoint Presentation
which could be a Virtual Field or Virtual Tour
1. Before starting it might be a good idea to view a couple of simple examples.†
2. The examples above should help to visualize a Non-Linear PP Presentation.
below are directions for the Seasons PP Presentation.† This will be a learning experience.
3. Double Click PowerPoint,††† Select a Blank Presentation,†† Select a Blank Template
4. Start in Outline View† (Tab at Top Left)†† create† (5)† slides with headings of:
††††† Seasons,†††† Spring,††† Summer,††† Autumn,†† Winter
5. On the first slide of the PP called††† Seasons ( Table of Contents )†
enter a Heading of†††† *† Seasons by First &† Last Name *†††† Your First & Last Name???
6. On the other slides,†† only enter† Headings of†††† Spring,† Summer,† Autumn, Winter† at this time.
7. Now to† Sorter View †(Control A)† include global† Transition† &† Background (Design)† to all slides.
8. Now to†† Slide View ††(Outline,Slide,Notes)† to include† bullets† not included in Outline View.
†††††††† If† bullets were added in Outline View then clicking would not be controlled by links.
9. In Slide View,† select the slide with† Spring on it and we will include the bullets from our example.
10. Using the† Text Box Tool†† on†††† Draw Tool Bar††† at the bottom of the screen,
†††††††† Create a text box somewhere in the middle of slide and type in the bullets from the example.
11.† After all of the slides†† Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter†† have bullets select slide† Seasons.
12. Now we are ready to include the†† Non-Linear Links† on† the slide† Seasons†† ( Table of Contents ).
13. Using the† Text Box Tool††† on†† Draw Tool Bar†††† at the bottom of the screen,
†††††††† create a text box in each corner & include a season in each box:†† Spring, Summer, Autumn, Winter.
14. After you have all four seasons in small text boxes,†† one in each of the corners,
†††††††† select anyone of them† then† click on the command†† Slideshow†† at top of screen.
15. After the Slideshow command†† appears then click on†† Action Settings
Action Settings will only show when one of the boxes is selected.
16. After you click on Action Settings,†† click in front of†††† Hyperlink to:† †††then
use drop down arrow to select the name of the† slide† you have selected.
17. Continue linking the other slides† to each of the text boxes in the corners.
18. After you have linked all the four boxes to appropriate slides
then††† go to the† Slide for Spring†† and we are still in†† Slide View.
19. At the bottom of†† Spring†† create a text box with†† Home Slide†† in it.
Select the box with†† Home Slide†† in it and click Slideshow
then click in front of†† Hyperlink to:†† then use drop down arrow
to select the†† Title and Credits† /† Table of Contents†† page.† ( Seasons )
20. After you have completed the link back to†† Seasons† then
copy and paste this text box with†† Home Slide†† in it to each of the other slides.
21. Now return to† Sorter View† and make sure the slide† Seasons is selected
Save your Non-linear† PP as††† NLPP##††††††† The two† ##† are for your first and last initials.
22. Donít forget to have only the first slide selected when saved in Sorter View.
†††††††† Now go to where you have saved this PP and double click on it and see how it works.