Directions for creating a (5) Second Video using
a Sony Digital Camera FD-91 (MPEG)
1. Make sure you have went over the features of a Sony FD-91
Power ON&OFF, Insert & Eject Floppy A, Play/Still/Movie Mode
Lens Cover, Shutter Button, Flash ON&OFF, Zoom IN&OUT,
2. Make sure the Lens Cap is off of the Lens and Turn On the Sony FD-91 then
Insert a Floppy A into the slot on the right side of the Sony FD-91 (View of A).
3. Put the Sony FD-91 into Movie Mode and it should be set for a 5 second video.
Adjust the tripod adjustments so as to have a goof view of the object.
4. Decide upon the lightning as to whether the Flash is needed. (Most classrooms OK!)
View the object to be made into a movie and use the Zoom to adjust the view.
5. Make sure the student being use for the movie has practiced their dialog since
the movie is set for 5 seconds and this does not leave room for error.
6. Remember the one second delay between pressing the shutter button and
viewing five red dots for the 5 second video recording to show and disappear.
7. Once all has been prepared, press the shutter button and use some type of small
motion and not voice to cue the student to begin their dialog for the movie.
8. Once the five small red dots have disappeared then the Sony FD-91 saves the video
to the Floppy A diskette. Once Hour Glass disappears then Eject the Floppy A.
9. Make sure that the Movie is saved to the H Drive in the HTML folder before
viewing it off the Floppy A. Also, it is very helpful to rename the movie…